Tuesday, April 7, 2009

La foot et la Tour Eiffel

It's been forever since I have written so I'm going to space it out into different blogs so it's not one long boring one. Highlight of the other week: playing soccer with the group under the Eiffel Tower! So much fun! Anything with the group is just a blast, but when we are outside and playing a game, we get so crazy, and I love it. Ok, I should expand upon 'we': Marissa and Jessica get crazy. haha. Marissa takes the cake this time though. She decided to get up on the hedge in between the bball court and soccer court hahaha It was hilarious. I don't know where she comes up with these things but she got totally stuck and she had to shimmy/roll herself off so I could catch her. It was so funny, she was sinking in and screaming and got scratches all over her body. She also makes up these hilarious french songs with the same tune. They are love songs about people in our group -- people will pass us and open their mouths about to ask us if they can hop in but once they see how ridiculous we all are, just laughing and going nuts they just keep walking. This happens SO much. Really putting the American persona out there. Sometimes I wish I could record a video our every day life here with all of Marissa and Jessica's moments and one liners...it cannot be explained, you need the first hand experience!!

Patterson's son Andrew is a big soccer player and he organizes most of our pick up games so I love it. When he gets back from France he is trying out for his high school team.. I'm hoping the weather clears up sometime this week because I told him I would help him with some work outs and ball work... Plus I could use it too! My touch is sooo incredibly off. I have officially crossed over--I'm one of those people you see playing around with a ball and you ask "how long have you been playing" " and I say, oh my whole life" then you play a little one on one and you go : either this girl is a LIAR, or she was warming the bench for the past 15 years. I would love to get my touch back...but either way, it's been a lot of fun playing! Especially looking up and seeing the eiffel tower right in front of me! Still soaking it all in.....

No comments:

Post a Comment