Friday, March 20, 2009

Cleopatre

Not last night but the night before some people from our group all went to the production of Cleopatra! A kid from our group organized it all, and I'm so happy he did because we never would have known about it. It was so cool, and totally different from any other musical/performance I have seen! It was three hours and that significant because I didn't fall asleep!!!! and I was never bored!!! We are all chipping in a euro for James (our hilarious french teacher) to buy the album, then we're all going to pass it around and import it into our computers. The music was so good! Every song. It was a lot more modern, like hip hop and electric instrumentals, but amazing... I wish I could get a copy of it on dvd or something to show everyone.

It was a little scandalous too, haha. aka why not the whole group went...but I'm surprised how we haven't all adapted to that yet being that there are boobs on just about every street corner sculpture.

Every act, scene or whatever, there was some kind of acrobatics too. Sometimes people would be swinging from these ropes from the ceiling and I literally thought they were going to die. Other times there would be actors on a pole on the stage like holding themselves up with their feet with their bodies parallel to the stage. The tightest thing was when this guy was on two little poles coming out from the stage with the surface to put his hands and he was just break dancing while in hand stand position the whole time, never touching the ground with his hands on these two poles. K I clearly can't describe it, but it was the coolest thing ever.

At first I was trying to pay attention to the plot (obviously it was in French) but then after the first song I just let it go and just paid attention to the colors, background, music, costumes and everything... More enjoyable that way:) I'll figure out the plot later...

So anyways it was the most psychedelic performance ever with the coolest outfits, backgrounds, flashing lights, music, performers I have ever seen. So happy I went and so much fun:) I love France every way I experience it...

No comments:

Post a Comment